Did my graphics card get damaged?

Vladimir Klebanov klebanov at kit.edu
Sun Nov 5 21:07:37 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have an older T40p Thinkpad with an ATI Mobility FireGL 9000 / ATI RV250 (M9).

I recently tried to boot the latest OpenSuSE Tumblewewd live USB
distribution on it. The text part went well but the process of
starting X / KDE did not go beyond a black screen.

Since then, the laptop refuses to boot. It powers up, but the screen
remains completely black and there are no beeps (i.e., no POST).

I attach the Xorg.0.log. Any ideas on what happened or what could
bring the laptop back to life?

Thanks,

Vladimir