Did my graphics card get damaged?

Bridgman, John John.Bridgman at amd.com
Sun Nov 5 22:53:18 UTC 2017

For clarity, are you saying that when you go back to whatever distro you had installed on the machine previously it is still  not booting correctly ?

The only problems I see in the xorg log are the following lines at the end, but not sure if they are serious or not.

[   205.542] (WW) RADEON(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
[   205.542] (WW) RADEON(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument
[   205.544] (WW) RADEON(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
[   205.544] (WW) RADEON(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument

If it makes you feel any better I just ran into a similar problem installing latest Ubuntu 17.10 on a newer laptop - no POST, no display at all. Haven't had time to mess with it to figure out what the problem is but will try to make time.