DCN memory width errors

tom tstdenis at amd.com
Mon Feb 26 13:02:42 UTC 2018

Hi Harry/all,

With my 2400G and dual-channel 2x4GB DDR4 memory the following assert fails

	dc->dcn_soc->number_of_channels = dc->ctx->asic_id.vram_width /
ddr4_dram_width;
	ASSERT(dc->dcn_soc->number_of_channels < 3);

from dcn10_resource.c (around line 1362).

The assert succeeds if I take one of the DIMMs out.

I'm also still suffering from the issue of having a mirrored left/right
screen over HDMI.  The mirroring starts as soon as I load amdgpu and is
visible even in the console before loading X.

Any ideas for things to try?

Thanks,
Tom