Ryzen 5 2400G Stuttering since 2018-03-07

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Mar 15 09:17:01 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-15 08:51 AM, Dawson Dias wrote:
> I managed to pinpoint the issue. The stuttering is caused by enabling
> TearFree via xrandr. When on `auto`, there is no stuttering, but when
> enabled by setting it to `on`, there is intense stuttering noticeable
> when dragging windows around, but it's also very noticeable when just
> moving the mouse around on the desktop with no windows open.

Please share the Xorg log and output of dmesg and

 xrandr --verbose

captured while the stuttering is occurring.

> I use Openbox with Compton for compositing.

FWIW, with compton you shouldn't need TearFree (unless you use rotation
or other RandR transformations, but in that case it's active with auto
as well). But it's supposed to work without stuttering anyway, obviously.