[RFC] drm/amd/display: add SI support to AMD DC

Deucher, Alexander Alexander.Deucher at amd.com
Mon Oct 15 17:53:39 UTC 2018

There are two sets of power management code in amdgpu, the older dpm code which was ported from radeon, and the newer powerplay code which was rewritten to align closer with the power management code for other OSes and the hw teams.  The "powerplay" code has more features than the older dpm code, but at a fundamental level, they are pretty much the same.  Both use the same SMU interfaces to support dynamic clock switching.  SI is a bit tricky because it uses and older version of the SMU and an older power management design so it doesn't really match cleanly with the current APIs in the "powerplay" code.

Alex