Fixing SDMA TO after GPU reset

Koenig, Christian Christian.Koenig at amd.com
Tue Sep 11 13:57:04 UTC 2018

Yes, that is actually desired.

We should not flush the system VM just because we do some clearing command submission.

Christian.

Am 11.09.2018 15:54 schrieb "Grodzovsky, Andrey" <Andrey.Grodzovsky at amd.com>:
By current code logic job->vm_pd_addr is never going to be set unless the job is created for user SC or for buffer copy in amdgpu_copy_buffer
So in any other case we are going to skip VM flush. But amdgpu_vm_flush wants a flush to happen in case GPU reset just happend (amdgpu_vmid_had_gpu_reset is true)
so we will be skipping that VM flush (as in my case with amdgpu_driver_open_kms->amdgpu_vm_init->amdgpu_vm_clear_bo right after GPU reset occured)
Is it safe ?

Andrey