drm/amdgpu: invalidate L2 before SDMA IBs (on gfx10)

Liu, Monk Monk.Liu at amd.com
Wed Apr 29 09:35:26 UTC 2020

Here is the reason we should always insert a “sync mem” packet at the FENCE place of SDMA, not before IB emit.

By always inserting “sync mem” in the FENCE place we can make sure:1

  1.  data is really flushed to system memory before CPU try to read it
  2.  all the G2LC is invalidated by “sync mem”, thus in the next round SDMA IB, it won’t get staled data from G2LC cache

by inserting “sync mem” in prior to IB could only achieve :  Avoid get staled data in g2lc during IB execution

for GFX/COMPUTE ring since they have release_mem packet so it is inherently doing the G2LC flush and invalidate upon a fence signaled

Monk Liu|GPU Virtualization Team |AMD
[sig-cloud-gpu]