Overlay issues

Simon Ser contact at emersion.fr
Mon Feb 22 22:30:43 UTC 2021

On Monday, February 22nd, 2021 at 9:59 PM, Cornij, Nikola <Nikola.Cornij at amd.com> wrote:

> [AMD Official Use Only - Approved for External Use]
>
> Hi Simon,
>
> Yes, I did have a chance to wrap this up, indeed :-)
>
> It turned out this and other similar setup was hitting a legit HW
> limitation. I added a patch (please see attached) that'd fail this
> config at validation time. The patch has been merged for upstreaming
> at the beginning of February time-frame, not sure if it made it to
> the public repo by now.

Excellent! I don't see the patch in agd5f/drm-next yet, but it'll
probably show up soon.

Thanks for fixing this!

One small nit: if possible, add some drm_dbg_atomic() calls explaining
the error right before returning -EINVAL. This is very valuable when
debugging user-space applications and trying to figure out why the
kernel rejects an atomic commit.