Interlaced resolutions hang the desktop

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 08:05:17 UTC 2021

What happens is this simple: after a few minutes, about 6 or so, the entire
content of the screen stays still. In some minor situations only the
applications panel of KDE Plasma.

If music is playing it continues playing, so only graphics are hung. Yet in
most cases the power button won't shut down the computer, as it usually
does.

At least this is the case using kwin on x11, and not on wayland. It only
happens on "radeon" and not on Intel or "radeonhd".