[git pull] drm for 5.17-rc1 (pre-merge window pull)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jan 11 01:21:09 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:11 PM Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are putting together a system to try and repro the issue.  Does it
> happen with a single monitor or only with two?

Nope. With a single monitor everything seems to look fine. And when I
plug in the second monitor, it immediately starts happening again.

It also seems to depend a bit on the screen contents - or possibly on
what else is going on. Hiding the browser window makes it happen less,
I think. But I suspect that's about "less gpu activity" than anything
else.

I'll see if I can bisect it at least partially.

                  Linus