[git pull] drm for 5.17-rc1 (pre-merge window pull)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jan 11 01:28:48 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:21 PM Linus Torvalds

> It also seems to depend a bit on the screen contents - or possibly on
> what else is going on. Hiding the browser window makes it happen less,
> I think. But I suspect that's about "less gpu activity" than anything
> else.

Actually, sometimes "more activity" makes it go away too. Moving a
window around wildly with the mouse makes it *stop* happen.

But moving the mouse over different elements of the screen - or
writing text in the web browser email window - seems to make it worse.

Funky.

It does "feel" to me like some bandwidth limitation, it has kind of
the same behavior that I remember from the bad old times when you were
pushing the video card past a resolution that it could really handle.

But that can't be the case, this card has had no problems with this before.

               Linus