New "apitrace trace" command patch series

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:56:40 PDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:06 AM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> I've just pushed a new apitrace-trace branch to my git repository[*].

Great! I'll take a look at it later today.

[...]
> I tried to test on OS X, and it compiles fine and runs, (I even found
> some OSX-specific os::Path bugs from this testing—see earlier in the
> patch series). But I never generated a trace on OS X.
>
> Then again, I failed when I tried to do this manually as well. Here is
> what I tried:
>
>        $ pwd
>        /Users/cworth/src/apitrace
>        $ make
>        Built target apitrace
>        $ ls -l OpenGL
>        -rwxr-xr-x  1 cworth  staff  7142672 Nov  1 17:30 OpenGL
>        $ export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/cworth/src/apitrace/

Note that for Windows/MacOSX the wrapper is created in
/path/to/apitrace/wrappers, to avoid interfering with glretrace.  So
try

    export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/cworth/src/apitrace/wrappers

instead.

Actually I want to uniformize everything: put all in a wrappers
subdir, and rename glxtrace.so as libGL.so.1, so that we can trace on
linux both with LD_PRELOAD or LD_LIBRARY_PATH (given the later
mechanism is actually more robust, and required for Unigine, althought
trickier to to setup), but I was waiting for "apitrace trace" to come
to life, so that all this nasty business could become hidden from
users.

Jose