Per-surface calls list

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 08:34:07 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras.ru>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2013, José Fonseca wrote:
>
> > There will always be things that don't fit the norm. So instead of
> > choosing frames vs drawable vs etc, I think that we should add
> > multiple (or switchable) views to the GUI.
> >
> > That is, we should be able to show the same trace, on multiple
> > windows, some filtered by thread, others by context, others by frame,
> > others by drawable.
>
> So, please clarify -- would there be any point in sending a patch that
> implements only per-drawable lists?

In order for me to accept such patch as-is I'd need that this behavior to
be switchable, i.e, the user can switch between per-drawable vs per-frame
lists. This would guarantee that the user experience for D3D traces or
merely GL apps where contexts are more important that drawables, will not
regress.

That said, if you don't have the time / interest to carry out such follow
on work, I'd rather you publish what you did somewhere, as someone might
eventually be interested and pick up from there.

Jose