Bug with dumping OpenGL ES traces on Windows

Gabriel Southern g.southern at partner.samsung.com
Fri Aug 23 13:53:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to use apitrace on Windows to replay and analyze OpenGL ES 2.0 traces that I have captured on an Android device.  I am using the ARM Mali emulator and this works fine for replaying the trace after I made a few patches to get eglretrace to build on Windows.

However, there is a problem when dumping per-draw frames.  In getFrameBufferAttachmentDesc when glGetIntegerv runs it returns 128 bytes instead of 4 bytes.  This was causing stack corruption.  As a temporary debugging step I increased the size of bound_texture to 128 bytes so that the stack won't be corrupted.  This solves the problem I had with apitrace crashing.  But when getActiveTextureLevelDescOES is called it returns false and the state dumping for that draw is aborted.  Possibly because the earlier value from glGetIntegerv was wrong, I'm not sure.

I've forked apitrace and uploaded my changes here:
https://github.com/southerngs/apitrace.git

I also needed the ARM Mali emulator installed and in my path
http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-for-mali/tools/opengl-es-2-0-emulator/

Also the playback did not work when I tried on a system with Intel HD 3000 graphics, but it did work with an AMD Radeon HD 7800.  I assume that any good discrete graphics card should work.

If anyone has suggestions for fixing this bug I would appreciate them.

Thanks,

-Gabriel