OpenGL attrib_list support

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:47:47 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras.ru>wrote:

> ( By the way, I feel that the mailing list is a better medium for
> submitting
>   patch series of this complexity, but having a github link is nice for
> easy
>   pulling.  Jose, can you clarify the submission policy/guidelines in this
>   regard? )

Anything more than one patch should be in a pullable git repos, as applying
patches from email is too time consuming and brittle (depending on the
emailer used).

For reviewing, I don't feel strongly either way -- git pull or mailing list.

I suppose that the advantage of git pull is that patches are kept in an
up-to-date database -- if somebody posts a git pull request which by some
reason or another can't be merged into master (e.g., breaks some stuff, or
not complete enough), then at least the github issue will be there for
future reference until some action is taken.  Whereas if it is sent into
the mailing list, it's not easy to be found after a while, and can be
forgotten, leading to duplicate efforts.

It would be nice if the mailing list could get notifications of new issues.

Jose