Miscellaneous patches on github

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 09:12:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Nigel Stewart <nigels.com at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Another batch of Regal-related apitrace patches for your scrutiny and
> opinion:

I'll go over them as soon as possible. I really haven't had much time in or
out of work for apitrace maintenance over the last weeks... :-/

> 1. Conditionally compile-out os::log with -DTRACE_OS_LOG=0
> https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/pull/164
> Allows Regal to handle the apitrace logging.
>
> 2. glretrace: GLX and WGL support for ES2/EGL traces.
> https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/pull/165
> egltrace isn't happy with my NVIDIA driver, but glretrace works.
>
> 3. glimports: Check for iOS and skip OpenGL and CGL as appropriate.
> https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/pull/167
> Needed for the iOS build of Regal
>
> 4. Opt-out of backtrace support with -DTRACE_BACKTRACE=0
> https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/pull/168
> I didn't spend much time with the backtrace functionality, but my
> initial feeling was that it was too platform-specific for Regal purposes.
> Also, I'm concerned about jeopardizing the ease of building Regal.

I'm a bit concerned about 1 and 4.  I don't want to have  -DFOO -DBOO for
every bit of functionality that Regal builds wants or not. I'd rather have
only one  -DREGAL_BUILD (or something like that) that does everything that
needs to be done for regal builds. This way it is clear what are the
differences for Regal.

In short, it is as if Regal builds were a different (sub)platform (which
sort of is true anyway).

Jose