apitrace on OS X

Peter Lohrmann peterl at valvesoftware.com
Tue May 14 14:21:51 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to use apitrace on OS X, but having trouble. I've got the project building, and am using the suggested command line to launch the application (while also overriding DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH) and it does run, but I can't find a trace file anywhere. I'm guessing the application is not actually loading my opengl library.

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/ApiTrace/build/wrappers/Debug/
open <long path>/OSXGLEssentials.app

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what the issue may be, or how to investigate this farther? I'm relatively new to OS X development, so all help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
   Peter