apitrace on OS X

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:09:18 PDT 2013

I use apitrace on MacOSX, though only sporadically.

I haven't tried tracing through "open". What I typically do is to find
inside the executable inside foo.app/ and invoke that directly.  Take for
example CINEBENCH -- if you download CINEBENCH http://www.maxon.net/?id=1258 ,
then you'd trace it as

   apitrace trace "CINEBENCH OSX.app/Contents/MacOS/CINEBENCH OSX"

or somthing like that.

Also, I'm surprised you have a wrappers/Debug subdir -- when I build on
MacOSX the .dyld wrappers does not go into a Debug subdir. This only
happens on MSVC builds for me. What does

  find /ApiTrace/build -name \*.dyld

output?

Jose