Removing replay -c/--compare=PREFIX option

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Sat May 25 05:47:11 PDT 2013

FYI, I plan to remove the -c/--compare=PREFIX , that is, the ability to
compare images while replaying.

For several reasons:
- this duplicates diff-images command
- it is less versatile -- it does not output diff images
- I plan to refactor how snapshots are done (*), so I want to get this out
of the way first.

(*) Currently snapshots are done in an API call agnostic function. This
works well for GL where there is the concept of current context/drawable,
but it does not work well for D3D where the object/drawable a call applies
is specified in the C++ `this` argument. That is, I'll need to move
snapshot/dumping inside the calls where this

Let me know if there are any concerns.

Jose