How-to build eglretrace for Android

Chris Holmes j.chris.holmes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 21:02:50 PDT 2014

Building Waffle no longer requires the entire Android source tree to
be checked out, but the CMAKE file still seems to expect it.

I added the Waffle install path/include path to the environment
through CMAKE_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH / CMAKE_SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_PATH.  So
with Waffle detected, it did create a makefile for eglretrace - which
is good.

Running make still failed with -
[ 23%] Building CXX object dispatch/CMakeFiles/glproc_egl.dir/glproc_egl.cpp.o
In file included from /home/cholmes/apitrace/thirdparty/khronos/EGL/egl.h:39:0,
                 from /home/cholmes/apitrace/dispatch/eglimports.hpp:44,
                 from /home/cholmes/apitrace/dispatch/glimports.hpp:190,
                 from /home/cholmes/apitrace/build/dispatch/glproc.hpp:5,
                 from /home/cholmes/apitrace/dispatch/glproc_egl.cpp:27:
/home/cholmes/apitrace/thirdparty/khronos/EGL/eglplatform.h:88:35:
fatal error: android/native_window.h: No such file or directory
 #include <android/native_window.h>

I'm going to keep trying to hack around it to get the project to build
- but since native_window.h exists per Android version, the makefile
should have been setup to include the right path through the
ANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL variable.

  Chris