Does apitrace support gles3/3.1 ?

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:39:02 PST 2015

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 3:06 PM, José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM, 张辉 Jack Zhang <zhvirus at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply, just
>> 2 more questions:
>>
>> Why does it not support es 3/3.1? Any plan to support it?
>>

> Just because nobody did the work.  Most of my work focuses on desktop
> OpenGL and Direct3D.  I don't have GLES3 samples / implementations off-hand
> so I can test it, so no plan to doit myself.
>
> I took a quick look and I don't think it would be a lot of work. Most of
> the GL entry points are there due to the overlap with desktop GL.  So it's
> mostly a matter of updating the egltrace.so wrapper and eglretrace
> components to understand and recreate GLES 3.x contexts.
>
> It shouldn't take more than 1-2 of days, even for somebody not familiar
> with Apitrace code.

FYI, I had to cleanup the way apitrace handles context version/profiles
because it was a mess (lots of duplication, plus we were trying to describe
profiles with enums instead of a struct), and
GLX/WGL_EXT_create_context_es_profile wasn't been traced properly as
consequence.

Once this cleanup was done, adding support for GLES3 was trivial.  So I
went ahead and did it.  I only barely tested with a trivial test case, but
it seems to work.

Jose