thumbnail generation via qapitrace

Divick Kishore divick.kishore at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 06:32:08 PST 2015

Hi,
    it isn't clear from the docs that the thumbnail generated by
apitrace is after the selected call in qapitrace or before the call
completion?

There is another issue that I have w.r.t. the thumbnails generated by
qapitrace at certain call points. I have the following set of calls
show in qapitrace:

glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT)
glGetIntegerv(GL_CURRENT_PROGRAM)

When I generate the thumbnail at the call to glClear, the "Surfaces"
tab shows some output in GL_TEXTURE0, and framebuffers description
show "GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0" but when I generate the thumbnail at the
glGetIntegerv call it shows a blank texture (white) and framebuffers
is GL_BACK and is completely black.

What I don't understand is that how come the framebuffer description
has changed from a bound FBO to a default BACK buffer even without any
call to glBindFramebuffer call? This just doesn't seem right to me.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Divick