thumbnail generation via qapitrace

José Fonseca jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 13:16:56 PST 2015

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Divick Kishore <divick.kishore at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>     it isn't clear from the docs that the thumbnail generated by
> apitrace is after the selected call in qapitrace or before the call
> completion?

After.

> There is another issue that I have w.r.t. the thumbnails generated by
> qapitrace at certain call points. I have the following set of calls
> show in qapitrace:
>
> glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT)
> glGetIntegerv(GL_CURRENT_PROGRAM)
>
> When I generate the thumbnail at the call to glClear, the "Surfaces"
> tab shows some output in GL_TEXTURE0, and framebuffers description
> show "GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0" but when I generate the thumbnail at the
> glGetIntegerv call it shows a blank texture (white) and framebuffers
> is GL_BACK and is completely black.
>
> What I don't understand is that how come the framebuffer description
> has changed from a bound FBO to a default BACK buffer even without any
> call to glBindFramebuffer call? This just doesn't seem right to me.
>
> I would appreciate any help.
> Thanks,
> Divick

I don't know the answer offhand.

Maybe your GL driver is giving bogus values to
glGetIntegerv(GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER_BINDING/GL_FRAMEBUFFER_BINDING), as
glretrace relies on it to know if a FBO is or not bound.  Maybe there is
some bug in apitrace.

Please provide the actual trace, and the call nos you're referring to.

If you don't want to post it publicly, just upload to dropmail/gdrive/etc
and email the url privately.   But it's inefficient to be talking in
general terms, with me trying to guess what could or not be, when we could
be talking of a concrete case.

Jose