[APOC] APOC packages for Ubuntu

Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier juanje.ojeda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:52:21 PDT 2008

Hi guys! :-)

I'm new on the maillist, so... Hello to everybody! :-)

Alberto told me some time ago about this interesting project but I
couldn't help him so much because of my work and so, but now I'm
trying.

Well, the thing is I'm adding the packaging stuff for Ubuntu (actually
It should work with a few changes on Debian as well) so many people
could try this interesting project on their Ubuntu boxes.

I've already packaged some of the modules for the client side and some
depends we need for building those packages such the 'Mozilla LDAP
Java SDK' or an older version of libdb (the 4.2 one) with Java
support.
You can find both packages here (avaibles by apt):
https://launchpad.net/~juanje/+archive

And the packages itself from the apoc project are been tested but the
code with the packaging stuff is on some Bazaar branches on Launchpad:
https://code.launchpad.net/~juanje/+ownedbranches

bzr branch lp:~juanje/+junk/mozilla-ldap-java-sdk
bzr branch lp:~juanje/+junk/gconf-apoc
bzr branch lp:~juanje/+junk/apoc-agent
bzr branch lp:~juanje/+junk/apoc-spi

mozilla-ldap-java-sdk and gconf-apoc build automaticly with no
problems, but apoc-agent and apoc-spi still have some issues. I guess
because of some cleaning stuff of the autotools files.
Also they need to be finished and cleaned up, but they are near to be
installable and functional on Ubuntu systems.

I hope you like the idea and can help us a bit with the testing tasks.

Thank you for you time :-)
Cheers

--
Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier

Emergya Consultoría / http://www.emergya.es
Avda. de la Innovación, 3 (Edif. Hércules), Mód 12-13
E41020 Sevilla
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 Fax: +34 954 51 64 73