[AppStream] RFC: A UniqueID in AppStream

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 07:54:42 UTC 2016

On 8 August 2016 at 19:04, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
> I think the "kind" is redundant here, as per AppStream spec there must
> never be some component with the same ID.

Right; but it's certainly useful in my implementation.

> What a "scope" is would need some clear definition, IMHO.

For scope I just have 'user', 'system' and 'unknown' for the wildcard
glob. I don't think anything else would make sense, and as such I've
defined them as enums in appstream-glib.

> I am not sure if we really need that level of granularity (try to convince me!).

I think you've convinced me, actually :) I've dropped arch and version
from the API.

>> implement, for example an merge component might only have
> Makes sense...

Talking of which, do we have specs for what a merge component should
look like btw? I'm a bit lost to what the proposal looks like now.

Richard.