[AppStream] Adding URL kind "translation"

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Aug 9 15:40:51 UTC 2016

> On 8 August 2016 at 18:36, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
>> I have nothing against it in general, but one day you need to explain
>> to me why the GNOME Software center would show this URL type but not
>> the FAQ or Donation URLs...
>
> Well, I've yet to get the translate URL proposal past the gnome
> designers, so that might just be a pipe dream. If nothing else showing
> it in the translator web panel would be a good idea.
>
>> So maybe calling the type "translate" or better
>> "translation-submission" (or "submit-translation"?)
>
> I think "translate" is the best so far. The description could be something like:
>
> This is the web link pointing to a resource where users can submit or
> modify translations on the upstream project. Typically this should be
> a link to the project page in Transifex or Zanata, but could also be a
> link to an upstream-hosted wiki page describing how to send
> translations upstream.

I didn't know about Zanata yet - seems to be some Fedora-specific tool...

Anyway, "translate" is fine with me:
https://github.com/ximion/appstream/commit/631651ee2250f62bcaf072e60075406de55cc5ff
The URL type will be valid in the next AppStream releases :-)

Thanks for proposing this, I really think this is a very useful addition!
Cheers,
    Matthias