[AppStream] Adding URL kind "translation"

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 08:02:51 UTC 2016

On 8 August 2016 at 18:36, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
> I have nothing against it in general, but one day you need to explain
> to me why the GNOME Software center would show this URL type but not
> the FAQ or Donation URLs...

Well, I've yet to get the translate URL proposal past the gnome
designers, so that might just be a pipe dream. If nothing else showing
it in the translator web panel would be a good idea.

> So maybe calling the type "translate" or better
> "translation-submission" (or "submit-translation"?)

I think "translate" is the best so far. The description could be something like:

This is the web link pointing to a resource where users can submit or
modify translations on the upstream project. Typically this should be
a link to the project page in Transifex or Zanata, but could also be a
link to an upstream-hosted wiki page describing how to send
translations upstream.

For instance:
 * https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject
 * https://www.transifex.com/freedesktop/appstream-glib
 * https://fedora.zanata.org/project/view/appstream-glib

If you're okay with "translate" let me know and I'll fix-up all the
projects in GNOME and send a mega-email to the other projects asking
them to add it.

Richard.