[AppStream] AppStream 0.9.2 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sun Feb 28 16:19:27 UTC 2016

Hello!
I am glad to announce the release of AppStream 0.9.2.
This release contains a few notable changes, mostly that DEP-11 YAML
is no optional feature anymore. This will allow us to export
YAML-specific functions on the public API for others to consume. Since
all distributions already compile libappstream with YAML support, and
since I heard no complaints when asking around, I think there should
not be issues with this change.

The new release also brings a few documentation improvements and
introduces the new <translation/> tag to declare the translation
system and translation-id the software component uses in their
metainfo files.

Release notes are below.
Cheers,
     Matthias

Version 0.9.2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2016-02-28

Features:
 * qt: Improve usage of Qt containers (Aleix Pol)
 * qt: Implement Component::extends on the Qt front-end (Aleix Pol)
 * qt: Also call reserve for bundles on the Qt frontend (Aleix Pol)
 * validator: strstrip values when reading XML/YAML and validate
linebreaks in summaries (Matthias Klumpp)
 * validator: Check if a description is present (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Always build with YAML support (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Move XML parser into its own class (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Make data-pool use the new YAML-aware metadata parser (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Simplify data-pool building routine (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Preprocess extension information for frontends (Matthias Klumpp)
 * qt: Use the new extensions property (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Implement translations tag (Matthias Klumpp)
 * cli: Document the "install" command (Matthias Klumpp)
 * l10n: Update

Specification:
 * spec: Document the translation tag (Matthias Klumpp)
 * doc: Don't use <tip/> tags in documentation (Matthias Klumpp)
 * spec: Mention the essential tags for a type:desktop component
(Matthias Klumpp)

Bugfixes:
 * as-cache-builder: Cope with no YAML documents (Iain Lane)
 * 50appstream: Don't run if we can't write to the system paths (Iain Lane)
 * Check for writability instead of root permissions when updating the
cache (Matthias Klumpp)
 * qt: Don't compute screenshot images and then forget about them (Aleix Pol)
 * Add the missing extends property to the Xapian cache (Matthias Klumpp)
 * validator: Don't fail validation for description-less addons.
(Matthias Klumpp)
 * Make reading empty cache values more robust (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Check if GIR scanner & compiler are really installed (Matthias Klumpp)