[AppStream] <suggests>

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Jul 28 14:30:01 UTC 2016

> Hello,
>
> No problem for me. I think the other GSOC student will start working on this
> new strategy this week. Therefore, I can keep in touch with him about this
> feature on AppStream.

That's great, TBH I think the suggests feature in the normal metadata
is the much better approach to this issue (and - actually a bit more
important - it also is the more maintainable approach long-term).

In order for this to work for you, we will also need the
fake-component-type "merge" (or "partial" or whatever we come up with,
but I think "merge" isn't so bad) in order to augment the data of
existing components.

Cheers,
    Matthias

P.S: There's another GSoC student? How many are working on this? :D