[AppStream] [fdo] Wikidata IDs in appdata.xml

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Tue Sep 13 19:35:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thinking about it some more, I'm not sure better examples would help much. It would show that some appdata.xml files are not as well maintained as they should or that some wikidata items are in a similar position. We know this is bound to happen over time. I think the real benefit of having links to cross reference wikidata and appdata.xml files is to make it easier for one group of editor to help the other. Sometime it will be wikidata helping appdata.xml editors. Sometime it will be the other way around. If the wikidata ID is missing from appdata.xml or if the appdata.xml link is missing from the wikidata item, this co-maintenance is less likely to happen.

I realize it's a different kind of advocacy and and that it's debatable :-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre