[AppStream] AppStream 0.10.1 released!

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Fri Sep 16 11:20:34 UTC 2016

This release is rich on bugfixes and brings no breaking changes.

Tarballs available here: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/releases

Version 0.10.1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2016-09-16

Features:
 * Add AppStream button image (Ken Vermette)
 * Ship a metainfo file (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Don't use an extra hash table for AsProvided (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Register bundle type for AppImageKit (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Implement localization component type (Matthias Klumpp)
 * validator: Complain less-loudly when encontering GNOME-specific
tags (Matthias Klumpp)
 * validator: Check for superfluous dots (Matthias Klumpp)
 * validator: Strictly validate ID for KDE and GNOME (Matthias Klumpp)
 * ascli: Modernize the way we handle subcommands (Matthias Klumpp)
 * qt: Allow retrieving the desktop-id of a component (Matthias Klumpp)

Specification:
 * Add new driver component type (Matthias Klumpp)
 * spec: Describe localization component type (Matthias Klumpp)

Bugfixes:
 * docs: Add a few missing classes to the API docs (Matthias Klumpp)
 * Fix cache (de)serialization for screenshots and suggestions (Matthias Klumpp)
 * yaml: Set screenshot image type correctly (Matthias Klumpp)
 * cache: Iterate the right dictionary when looking at checksums (#71)
(Iain Lane)
 * apt: Ignore broken symlinks in /var/lib/apt/lists (Iain Lane)
 * as_get_yml_data_origin: Error out if opening the file fails for any
reason (Iain Lane)
 * Make addons find their target component again (Matthias Klumpp)
 * yaml: Don't fail if we encounter a translated node without template
(Matthias Klumpp)
 * Don't  use GObject ref on GPtrArray (Matthias Klumpp)
 * ascli: Read metainfo files correctly when converting files (Matthias Klumpp)
 * xml: Properly serialize provides tag (Matthias Klumpp)
 * pool: Correctly update addon info when loading data from a cache
object (Matthias Klumpp)
 * ascli: Auto-disable colors if we are not on a tty (Matthias Klumpp)
 * yaml: Enforce string/int type on YAML scalars (Matthias Klumpp)
 * yaml: Fix loading of cached icons in all formats (Matthias Klumpp)
 * qt: Never lie about a component kind (Matthias Klumpp)

Translation:
 * Hungarian
   - Balázs Úr
 * Chinese (Taiwan)