[AppStream] Adding agreements to AppStream

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:51:28 UTC 2018

On 6 April 2018 at 08:05, Marius Vollmer <marius.vollmer at redhat.com> wrote:
> What about adding a version or some other symbolic identifier?  Then you
> can check whether the agreement has changed significantly and needs to
> be shown again.

Good idea. It really needs to be a text identifier, as lawyers love to
call agreement versions crazy things like "1.4a-USA". In this case I'd
assume the XML would look like (based on the components tag):

  <agreement type="eula" version="1.0">

But I guess we could also have:

  <agreement type="eula">
     <version>1.0</version>

Which is like the release and review tags. I don't mind either way.

Richard.