[Authentication] Spec review (part 1)

Stef Walter stefw at collabora.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 07:17:53 PST 2011

On 02/28/2011 04:08 PM, Michael Leupold wrote:
>> Michael, do you have any comments on the patch?
>
> No, looks fine to me.

Okay, merged.

> We (as the individual daemon and library developers) should make sure
> we use similar data-types so each of our clients can display most or
> all of them (eg. gnome-keyring should be able to display KDE
> applications' values to the user). We'll keep you posted which types
> we'll be using to support legacy KWallet secrets.

Yes, let's stay in touch about this. Perhaps it should be part of the
spec: a list of recommended content types for secrets?

In gnome-keyring we have no place to store this info right now, but for
the next main release we'll support it in the DBus API (not necessarily
returning what was stored though).

Cheers,

Stef