[Authentication] Spec review (part 1)

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Mon Feb 28 07:08:04 PST 2011

Hi Stef,

2011/2/27 Stef Walter <stefw at collabora.co.uk>:
> On 02/26/2011 11:33 PM, Valentin Rusu wrote:

>>> How does the attached patch look?
>> Ok, I took your changes into account inside ksecretservice sources.
>
> That's great. I'll work on implementing them in gnome-keyring. I need to
> figure out where to put this extra field in the old gnome-keyring file
> format.
>
> At some point we'll switch over to a fancy-schmancy new file format, but
> we're not there yet.
>
> Michael, do you have any comments on the patch?

No, looks fine to me.

We (as the individual daemon and library developers) should make sure
we use similar data-types so each of our clients can display most or
all of them (eg. gnome-keyring should be able to display KDE
applications' values to the user). We'll keep you posted which types
we'll be using to support legacy KWallet secrets.

Thanks and regards,
Michael