[avahi] autotooling python scripts

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.de
Tue Aug 2 23:15:39 EST 2005

On Tue, 02.08.05 02:02, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> hello

Hi!

> I had a look at how we could integrate the python scripts in the
> autoconf system.
> I found a lot of good idea in the "istanbul" project:
> http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul
>
> I think that we should think for the long term and turn avahi.py in a
> python site-package that will hold the python's avahi bindings.

Currently avahi.py just contains some definitions (no functions or
whatsoever) which are needed to make sensible use of the DBUS API. I
doubt it is advisable to add much more than this. Therefore I consider
the appelation "avahi bindings" a little over-the-top.

> For the moment i install avahi.py in
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/avahi/__init__.py but it's not a long
> term solution, so i won't commit this.

I don't know much about site packages, but shouldn't it be
sufficient to put avahi.py into
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/avahi.py and that's it?

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/