Fwd: [avahi] autotooling python scripts

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 07:41:20 EST 2005

2005/8/2, Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.de>:

> > > do we? where?
>
> > It is in svn rev 265 :)
> > Sorry i mean avahi-publish-* , do we need avahi-browse ? i guess we
> > do.
>
> avahi-dump-all is kind of a superset of
> avahi-browse-{domains,services,service-types}, so I see no real need
> for seperate tools for this. Do you?
Maybe not another tool, but maybe a tool like this:
avahi-browse == avahi-dump-all
avahi-browse <type>
avahi-browse <type> <domain>

on the same idea, couldn't we merge avahi-publish-* in one tool?

We could even put browse/publish/dump-all in the same avahi-util script.
Splitting, is a good thing if we use it for coding example purpose.

> Lennart
>
> --
> Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
> ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/

Sebastien Estienne