[avahi] Patch for gentoo compilation

Lennart Poettering mzzhgg at 0pointer.de
Fri Jul 1 09:53:43 PDT 2005

On Fri, 01.07.05 16:15, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

Hi!

> Oh sorry, i think i misunderstood something :)

No problem.

> I thought you wanted to do something like
> /var/run/avahi/{daemon,dnsconfd}.pid

Yes, I must admit that it was somewhat confusing, since there where
two #defines with the same name but different values in the two
directories. Sorry for that.

> >     avahi-daemon should put its PID file in
> >     /var/run/avahi/pid and its socket file in /var/run/avahi/socket
> >
> >     avahi-dnsconfd should put is PID file in
> >     /var/run/avahi-dnsconfd.pid
> >
> > or something similar.
> Oki i can fix it
> AVAHI_RUNTIME_DIR could be ${localstatedir}/run
> so avahi-daemon would use
> AVAHI_RUNTIME_DIR/avahi/pid (or avahi-daemon/pid?)
> and avahi-dnsconfd would us
> AVAHI_RUNTIME_DIR/avahi-dnsconfd.pid

Looks fine to me.

> About AVAHI_SOCKET, is it good like i did?

Yes, that's OK.

> > BTW: avahi-dnsconfd should get an init script too. ;-)
> No problem, is there any dependencies upon avahi-daemon ? i didn't
> know if avahi-dnsconfd needed the socket before starting?

Yes. avahi-dnsconfd depends on avahi-daemon. And yes, it needs the
socket of avahi-daemon. When the avahi daemon is started with -D
it is guaranteed that the socket is existant when the control is
returned to the caller.

> Shouldn't we rename avahi in avahi-deamon, i think it would be more
> coherent?

I thought of this earlier. Lathiat, what do you think? You named it
"avahi" in the first place, shall we rename it?

name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }
www { http://0pointer.de/lennart/ } icq# { 11060553 }