[avahi] Patch for gentoo compilation

Lennart Poettering mzzhgg at 0pointer.de
Fri Jul 1 16:18:51 PDT 2005

On Fri, 01.07.05 19:10, Sebastien Estienne (sebastien.estienne at gmail.com) wrote:

> > Yes. avahi-dnsconfd depends on avahi-daemon. And yes, it needs the
> > socket of avahi-daemon. When the avahi daemon is started with -D
> > it is guaranteed that the socket is existant when the control is
> > returned to the caller.

> So maybe it would be better to have one initscript to start both?
> Or do you prefer one initscript per process.

Since not all people will want to run both daemons it's probably
better to have two distinct init scripts for them.

> I discussed with Lathiat about putting the avahi script iniside
> /etc/init.d and symlink to /etc/dbus-1/event.d/ if DBUS is enabled in
> configure.

What do the DBUS packagers say about this?

name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }
www { http://0pointer.de/lennart/ } icq# { 11060553 }