[avahi] Avahi 0.6.1 is relased
lennart at poettering.de
Thu Nov 24 12:08:37 PST 2005
This is mostly a bugfix release.
* Fix a segfault when shutting down the daemon. Please note that this
issue was not security sensitive in any way but had the ugly side
effect that the daemon's PID file was not removed properly.
* Added init scripts for ArchLinux and FreeBSD
* Add DBUS API versioning through the new method GetAPIVersion()
* Build the HOWL compatibility library as "libhowl.so", instead of
"libavahi-compat-howl.so". This will help distributors to ensure
full API/ABI compatibility with HOWL out-of-the-box.
* Same for the Bonjour compatibility library
* Other fixes
We encourage Linux users to update to libdaemon 0.10 since logging
does not work from a chroot() environment with older versions.
This release is fully API and ABI compatible with Avahi 0.6. This is
true for both the C libraries and the DBUS interface.
Packagers should read the new documentation file doc/COMPAT-LAYERS
which contains some information about maintaining full build system
compatibility in addition to ABI/API compatibility.
Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] de
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.de/lennart/
More information about the avahi