[avahi] dynamic response

David (Dalei) Liu daleiliu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:01:14 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm new to Avahi.  May I ask an architecture question about it?

Now I'm trying to develop an application to use mDNS.  Basically, a
client will send out a request like _uniqueid._myservice._tcp.local.
and expect a response based on the <uniqueid>.  The answer in the
response does not exist until the server receives this request.
Within avahi-daemon, is there any existing interface to implement such
service?  From the documents, seems dbus is a one-way interface that
we can only publish service information to the server.  Is it correct?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
David