[avahi] Mono-bindings: ServiceResolver not resolving...

James Willcox snorp at snorp.net
Fri Sep 30 11:47:01 PDT 2005

Hi Celso,

I looked at the .cs file you attached, and I see why you don't get a
resolver event.  When you create the service resolver, you don't store
any references to it outside the scope of the handleServiceAdded method
(and the same thing happens in another method too).  Consequently, the
object is eligible for garbage collection when that method ends.  It is
evidently getting collected before you receive the event.  I don't know
why the browser would not be showing the other machine, though.  Does it
show up in avahi-discover?

James