[avahi] How do i publish my ip in the network

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 03:19:15 PDT 2006

you could do this by publishing a service of your own.
and then have a deamon that browse for this specific service and
update the host file you need.

all of this could be easily done with a python script.

for the publishing part you could use the .service in /etc/avahi/services
or better, your small deamon that browse could also publish.

Sebastien Estienne