[avahi] avahi build problems

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu May 4 13:43:44 PDT 2006

On Thu, 04.05.06 14:50, Zé (mmodem00 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Im packaging avahi (from cvs) and what happens if i use autogen.sh or
> bootstrap.sh is that makes no differences what are the configure options i
> put the build always break saying cant detect qt4 and i put the option
> --disable-qt4
>
> So to be able to build avahi i have to override config in spec with:
>
> aclocal-1.9 -I common
> libtoolize --force
> autoconf
> autoheader
> automake-1.9 --add-missing
>
> This way the configure options that are in spec are recognized

Why do you try to package an SVN version of Avahi? There's a good
reason why there are official avahi releases from time to time.

What is the distribution you're packaging avahi for?

Try this:

    ./autogen --disable-qt4

This will call the commands you mentioned above and finally "./configure
--disable-qt4". I'm pretty sure that it works correctly, since I
tested it successfully a few minutes ago.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/