[avahi] avahi build problems

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Fri May 5 02:27:12 PDT 2006

this issue seems specific to you or your distribution, because we (the
avahi dev) use autogen.sh almost exclusively and never encounter this
issue.

you should try to figure what is the difference between running
NOCONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
and calling the autotools one by one.
As lennart said, that's basicallly what autogen.sh does.

You could try first to add the command that you run manually in a
script (autogen2.sh)
and test, then adding the content of autogen.sh to autogen2.sh till
you find that it breaks.

On 5/5/06, Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Things cant be done like this since qt4 is as a condition, if qt4 is on
> > > system then will build with qt4
> >
> > Mhmm, I can't say I understand fully what exactly you try to do and
> > where your problem lies. But in case you want to run the autotools
> > stuff and the configure invocation separately: simply pass
> > NOCONFIGURE=1 as environment variable to autogen.sh and it
> > will refrain from calling configure automatically:
> >
> >      NOCONFIGURE=1 ./autogen.sh
> >
> > This is mostly the same as calling libtoolize, aclocal, autoconf,
> > autoheader, automake (in this order).
> YEs but this isnt the problem, the problem is that if using ./autogen.sh if
> will not recognize the configure options and the build stops because it
> doesnt detect qt4 and as you see in configure there is:
> %if !%build_qt4
>         --disable-qt4 \
> %endif
>
> And if i go see config.log i have:
>
> It was created by avahi configure 0.6.9, which was
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was
>
>   $ ./configure
>
> as you se configure doesnt any of the specified options in spec
>
> > > Ill paste here the part of spec regarding configure and make:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > I am sorry, but I have no experience with RPM. I am a Debian guy and
> > can't tell you anything about how to write RPM spec files.
> >
> > Lennart
>
> --
>> Linux user #378762
> MDE Developer - www.mde.djura.org