[avahi] [ANNOUNCE] Avahi 0.6.10

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 15 07:58:51 PDT 2006

On Mon, 15.05.06 13:49, Daniel S. Haischt (me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name) wrote:

> Padraig O'Briain schrieb:
> >

> > Are you suggesting that I need to use gcc?
> >

> I realy don't know whether Avahi was tested to be
> build using the compile from Sun ONE Studio. And
> hence, yes I was suggesting to use gcc instead.

Hmm? Pedraig is porting Avahi to Solaris. The whole point of porting is
to make software compatible with other OSes and other compilers. Hence
it makes a lot of sense to use Sun's native compiler.

Right now Avahi isn't tested on anything but GCC, but I will
definitely welcome patches that make it compatible with SunStudio.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/