[avahi] Making avahi work on Solaris

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri May 19 03:45:59 PDT 2006

On Fri, 19.05.06 08:50, Padraig O'Briain (Padraig.Obriain at Sun.COM) wrote:

> I have returned to making avahi work on Solaris.
>
> As I am not on linux I am  using iface-pfroute.c. As sysctl does not
> exist on Solaris, the function avahi-interface_monitor_sync does not
> identify any interfaces.
>
> It looks like I need to use the SIOCGIGCONF ioctl to find the
> interfaces.
>
> Is this correct?

I honestly don't know. Only Linux SIOCGIFCONF only returns IPv4
addresses, hence I doubt this what you're looking for.

A quick search with Google tells me that SIOCGLIFCONF is hwat you're
looking for.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/