[avahi] Does Avahi support unicast domain enumeration?

Joshua ChaitinPollak jpollak at kivasystems.com
Sat May 12 15:10:23 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 7:28 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Mon, 07.05.07 11:24, Joshua ChaitinPollak
> (jpollak at kivasystems.com) wrote:
>
>>> Just use AvahiDomainBrowser and pass AVAHI_DOMAIN_BROWSER_BROWSE as
>>> AvahiDomainBrowserType.
>>>
>>> You may also use "avahi-browse-domains" from the command line.
>>
>> When I run 'avahi-browse-domains', nothing happens, as in, the
>> program runs but just sits there. I assume its not finding anything.
>> What do I need to get it to respond? I've already got b._dns-
>> sd._udp,  lb._dns-sd._udp, and db._dns-sd._udp entries in my DNS
>> record. Do I need anything else?
>
> How did you set these RRs up? And where? Which domain?

Well, basically, I setup the client to be in the sd.mydomain.com
domain, with sd.mydomain.com as the default search path.

Then I setup b._dns-sd._udp, etc, to be PTR records pointing to
sd.mydomain.com.

But avahi-discover doesn't automatically show the services entered on
the DNS server...

-Josh

--
Joshua ChaitinPollak