[avahi] SVN->GIT migration complete

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jun 17 17:51:43 PDT 2008

Heya!

The SVN->GIT migration for all my projects is now
completed. http://svn.0pointer.de/ is no more and redirects to
http://git.0pointer.de/.

People who previously had commit access are requested to create their
own local clones of the respective repositores and make them public so
that I can pull on request. Alternatively just sent git-format-patch
formatted patches to the respective mailing lists or to me. For now I
will stay the only one with commit access (nothing personal, that's
just good git workflow...). Should it turn out that because every lame
commit has to go through me from now on my workload increases too much
I might hand out commit access again. But I don't see that coming.

If you don't have your own server that is 24/7 on the internet and
need a git repo to clone to: there are multiple services that provide
you with free git repositories on the net, most prominently
http://repo.or.cz/. And freedesktop.org should be fine too if you
happen to have an account there.

The net is full of documentation how to use GIT best. Hence I will
spare you an introduction here.

The most important commands:

    $ git clone git://git.0pointer.de/avahi
    $ git clone git://git.0pointer.de/pulseaudio