[avahi] when can avahi_entry_group_commit return "Bad state" ?

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Wed Sep 10 00:16:07 PDT 2008

Hi Julien,

On 10/09/2008, at 2:13 PM, Julien PUYDT wrote:

> Trent Lloyd a écrit :
>> You don't need to _commit an update_service_txt.. you just call it
>> once-off by itself.
>
> Rrrrraaaaaahhhhh... so my updating code was actually *working* even if
> it was spitting an error, and my browsing code was actually *broken*,
> not detecting changes!!!!
>
> Please, could you add to the main page doc (the one which describes
> how
> to do various tasks) & to the api documentation of the
> update_service_txt function, that re-committing isn't needed?
>
> Let the hunt for my real bug begin!

What error do you get from update service txt?

Also to browse updates.. you must not free the *resolver*.. service
*browser* does not receive txt updates, as it does not issue queries
for them to save bandwidth.

You must keep a running resolver for any services you want txt updates
on.

Trent
--
Trent Lloyd