[avahi] [ANNOUNCE] mod_dnssd 0.6

Gaspard Bucher gaspard at teti.ch
Wed Jan 28 03:43:01 PST 2009

This is fine except... web applications see a different host with and
without a trailing dot.

DNS need the trailing dot because a domain like "sub" in a
configuration file is resolved as "sub.example.com." (main domain is
appended).

So my guess is that if I intend to use the HOST information from
apache in a web application, I have to accept both "example.com" and
"example.com.".

The strange fact is that only Bonjour uses trailing dots in domain
names in Safari. But if both are considered acceptable domain names
for the same service, I'll change my web applications...
(http://zenadmin.org).

Gaspard

>>> http://0pointer.net/lennart/           GnuPG 0x1A015CC4